Did you know that pancakes are making our taste buds go crazy since a very long time? The very first pancake dates back to the ancient Greeks as they are known to have originally made the first pancake. Since then, the way pancakes are made have been changed according to regions and taste. The best part however is the fact that making a traditional pancake or rather the art of making a perfect pancake hasn’t disappeared. Here is how you make the perfect pancake:
- Two Large Eggs
- 200 grams of plain flour
- One table spoon of vegetable oil (If you’re frying then add extra oil)
- A pinch of salt
- 350ml of milk
- Make a smooth batter by slowly mixing the flour in a bowl plus the milk and egg should also be added. Keep on whisking until you have made a smooth batter.
- Make sure to keep on whisking until a smooth layer has been achieved.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and whisk again.
- The vegetable oil is essential for providing a pancake like taste.
- Take a clean large frying pan and heat it for about 60 seconds.
- Add a little amount of batter in the frying pan and swirl it for some time to get an even layer of batter.
- Add a specific amount of batter in the frying pan and swirl it for about 30-40 seconds. After swirling for 30-40 seconds look underneath the pancake. If it is golden brown then turn it over and cook the other side for the same amount of time.
- Using a palette knife transfer it to a serving plate.
The pancake is ready to be eaten but of course there are ways you can recreate a pancake for better tasting. To make it sweeter one can add a zest of sugar or some syrup for flavouring. Pancakes are supposed to be eaten for breakfast but you can always have it up for desert.